Objective: Rescue Oracle R12 EBS implementation (Oracle Financials, OM, Inventory)
Situation: After several months of parallel running, Oracle system still had significant reconciliation problems. Our remit was to rescue the project and take it live ASAP.
- Poor prior implementation provider did not establish clear business processes and develop and test accordingly.
- Oracle Financials solution configured incorrectly and needed a complete re-implementation.
- Lack of strong customer engagement at all levels (particularly middle management).
- Focus on technology without change resulted in staff having "the system will handle it" mentality without the ownership needed to embed the change.
- Frustration and urgency at the failure if the existing project.
- Resistance to sharing of information.
What we did
- Performed an audit of the entire project (strategy, technical, functional, change) to understand the history of what had happened.
- Performed a redesign of technical solution working with the client. Resolved reconciliation issues.
- Re-implemented Oracle Financials with a design that was fit for purpose with the company's business needs.
- Held mulitple workshops and presentations with C-level all the way down to mid-level management to generate ownership of solution.
- Developed a strong training programme. Developed Oracle "quick guides" to give fast, on the spot guidance to process questions.
- Sucessfully turned the project around and went live within 6 months!
- Delivered on time and within budget.
- Robust training programme boosted staff knowledge and effective usage of the system.
- Established model for future rollouts in other countries.
- Our project was considered the only successful Oracle roll out in the client's global group with all other projects running into difficulties prior to go live.