Location: United Kingdom
Industry: Health Care
Objective: Rescue £8.5M (GBP) Oracle EBS implementation (Financials, iProcurement, medical cabinet integration, Hyperion Budgeting and Planning, BI Apps)
Situation: Largest and most prestigious hospital group in the UK with a turnover of over £1.4Billion (GBP) and 1 million patient contact visits each year. A large Oracle Implementation was struggling with a large cost overruns and a poor fit between existing system configuration and business needs. A robust Business Intelligence solution was also needed to help align different divisions into a single management structure.
- Big government culture very slow to react and make timely decisions.
- A large and complex government organisation with over 25,000 cost centres, £1.4Billion (GBP) in annual turnover, dozens of departments, and 13,000 core employees.
- Business processes for forecasting and budget setting not clearly defined.
- NHS cultural focus is on healthcare, not technology. Therefore, difficult to get stakeholder involvement in technology issues.
- Multi-phased BI implementation that crossed numerous departments, data protection certified security, transaction-level drill down and scanned invoice imaging.
- Poor IT reputation throughout the NHS organisation as previous promises of technological delivery and benefits had not been realised before.
What we did
- Change Strategy, Programme Management, and Trusted Advisor guidance to the Project Board on overall strategy, planning, and benefits realisation.
- Engaged leadership across all relevant departments up to Board level to ensure strong alignment and execution.
- Redesigned, tested, and implemented the Hyperion Budgeting and Planning solution.
- Delivered multiple phases of Oracle BI Apps solution with enhanced security, interfaces with Oracle EBS, and end-to-end transaction reporting.
- Detailed requirements gathering and business process mapping and standard operating procedures for operational tasks.
- Generated regular project communications, project meetings, and held strategy sessions with various internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Newsletters, posters, internal press releases, and Road Shows for the product.
- Ensured training programme was scalable, robust, and delivered at the appropriate level to each employee's role and skill set.
- Successfully delivered multiple phases of Oracle ERP and BI solutions.Managed benefits realisation work streams to engage departments into identifying and tracking their ROI on the project.
- Managed multiple vendors including KPMG, government agencies, and additional concurrent government projects across multiple worksites throughout the country.
- Tied all of the above back to the business strategy.
- Successfully rescued the project and delivered it on time and within budget.
- Successfully delivered 5 different phases of the project.
- Redesigned Hyperion Solution and took it live.
- Successfully implemented BI Apps with complex security and bespoke functionality
- Staff fully trained and capable to use the system effectively.