Location: United Kingdom
Objective: Help the client secure a £1Billion (GBP) government contract.
Situation: Enable the company to secure a £1Billion (GBP) government contract by successful rescue of a failing Oracle EBS implementation. A completed ERP system and full change management transformation for staff was a prerequisite for successful award of the government contract.
- Company had already begun an Oracle ERP implementation that was not fit for purpose with the company's state of readiness.
- No documentation of current business processes existed.
- Standard IT system configuration was a bad match with customer needs.
- The customer and IT vendors were focused on technology and had ignored business process and change management, with were crucial for success,
- Company never had an ERP system before, therefore a steep learning curve.
- Top-down culture of giving orders and communication stifled collaboration for identification of best outcomes.
- Highly dispersed workforce in the field with low IT skills.
- Reliance on technology to solve problems with proper change management.
- Project focus on immediate timelines and cost vs. long term advantages.
What we did
- Performed a Project Audit of the entire project and existing suppliers.
- Change Strategy, Programme Management, and Trusted Advisor guidance to the Project Board on overall strategy, planning, and benefits realisation.
- Clarified overall business strategy and objectives and linked to project objectives.
- Managed delivery of multiple internal and external work streams to improve engagement and business readiness.
- Delivered business process design and mapping, standard operating procedures and training strategy.
- Business Process Mapping for all departments and impacted by the IT System:
- Document areas included in IT system functionality + areas outside and map them all together in relation to one another.
- Administered detailed and comprehensive workshops across the business.
- Altered business processes where appropriate.
- Reconfiguration of Oracle system to meet business requirements.
- Robust communications programme.
- Established project decision-making & feedback regime.
- Established documentation library.
- Hosted multiple Road Show events to get the word out about the project.
- Tied all of the above back to the business strategy.
- Company was successfully awarded a £1Billion (GBP) government contract!
- Developed business processes and ensured alignment with IT systems.
- Created customer ownership and accountability in the solution.
- Successfully rescued Oracle ERP project and delivered the R12 footprint of Oracle Financials, HRMS, CRM and multiple bespoke industry applications.