Location: United Kingdom & Japan
Industry: Financial Asset Management
Objective: Move from EBS R11 to R12 implementation (Financials, Inventory, PO, BI Apps / OBIEE)
Situation: Head Office is part of a global consolidation plan, needed to move to an Oracle platform.
- No established Oracle EBS R12 upgrade pathway and gap analysis.
- Inconsistent middle management and user involvement in the project.
- Competing interests within the organisation sometimes led to delays in decision-making or access to needed resources.
- Focus on immediate cost vs. long-term benefits.
What we did
- Performed a Project Audit of the business strategy, requirement, and options for Oracle R12 upgrade vs. reimplementation and made recommendations.
- Programme Management, change, and Trusted Advisor guidance to the Project Boad on overall strategy, planning, and benefits realisation.
- Involved all levels of staff in requirements gathering, gap analysis and solution design.
- Implemented Oracle EBS and Business Intelligence solutions to address business needs as per requirements.
- Managed mulitple workshops concurrent projects and wor streams of activity.
- Held multiple workshops, training sessions, and ongoing Q&A sessions to ensure project was on tract with expectations.
- Communications & change
- Held mulitple workshops and presentations with C-level all the way down to mis-level management to generate ownership of solution.
- Held robust training programme. Developmed full curriculum for functional areas and BI and Oracle "quick guides" to give fast guidance to process questions.
- R12 project delivered on time and within budget.
- Laid foundation for BI Strategy going forward.
- Provided ongoing technical and functional support for system.